Friday, September 12, 2008

FINALLY "Promised Land" (Release Time) all set.....

We knew that Release Time had been approved by the school board, but still had not been contacted by anyone to begin Release Time. I decided that I should go to school around recess time and then maybe I could talk to the head teacher at Lakeview School. I know the secretary and so while I waited for recess she asked if I wanted to visit the 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade room (all in the same room). "YES!" I recognized 5 of the kids from camp but 7 of them recognized me :-). It was a good experience for me to see how the teacher got them to respond to some of her rules....we will be able to use them at release time !!

Anyway......we had asked to have the kids released to us on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon......but there was a conflict on Thurs. because they have roving teachers for music, PE, and band and these activities have all been scheduled. That made it next to impossible to have the kids on Thursday. They didn't have anything extra on Tuesday so that was real good. We decided to have the K-1 and 2-4 on one week and then the following week we will have the 5-6 and 7-8. This will put a lighter load on us as far as the lesson preparation goes. And I think we will be more likely to keep up with our other activies with the older kids we have been meeting with because we shouldn't feel too much of an overload.

So you can all pray for us on Tuesday.......we have been told that one of the kindegarten kids is a REAL challenge.....temper tantrums and biting.....they have already decided to send the aid along for that hour. Thank you Lord :-)!!

And on another note............We went to my cousins football game. The other team drove 160 miles (one way) for this game. That tells you how sparsely populated this area is. The game started at 2:30 because Cody does not have lights. Disappointing game....our Cody/Kilgore team lost........

Thanks for the support.
Gary and Barb

2 comments:

Wilson said...

Hi Barb and Gary,

We'll be praying for you tuesday morning.
Hope that "Promise Land goes well this first week and that you and the kids will be blesssed.

Anonymous said...

That is great that you can get things started now! And nice that those kids recognized you! That will help too! They know you and hopefully will be comfortable around you! Good luck on tuesday! You're in our prayers!