

The top picture was a scene out of our window on Wednesday....Gary driving some of the calves back to their corral... a rather chilly day with some blowing snow...... The bottom picture is the scene out of our living room window. We have a blizzard warning until Friday morning. We have been hearing a freight train all night......haven't seen it yet but sounds like it's still coming.. Gary was thinking he might just have a day inside....no school today so Dwights son Robb is available to helpout with the ranch work. HOWEVER, Dwight called and they went out to get 230 head of cattle to the west about 5 miles.....They went with the big tractor and pickup. These are mostly older cows who know that east means home and so they should come quite willingly.
I'm afraid that if this keeps up we will not be going to the JDC this evening. It's too bad because they probably don't have school either today....and it will be a long boring day for them. Please keep them in your prayers!
Oh MY!! I just looked out the window and saw a bird flying....wondered why it looked so strange....!!?? have you ever seen a bird fly backwards. It was a hawk trying to go against the wind....but it finally gave up and turned with the wind.
YES! Winter out here could be very interesting!!
Love to all of you! Barb
1 comment:
It is hard to believe that winter can be here any minute. Your living room window is proof. I saw the TODAY show with other wintry pictures from your area and I thought of you on Thursday and Friday and wondered what life will be like for you in the winter if in the fall when it rains the roads are almost impassible, what will winter bring? I'm sure you have lots of inside activities to do. Keep us posted.
Post a Comment