Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Some thoughts to share.....

Tuesdays Release Time went well. It seems that the kids know us quite well now and so they can get a bit rowdy at times. But we can usually keep it to a low roar :-) .....really they do very well for us and we have no complaints.

We have been discussing Bible Study materials with the new Pastor of Lakeview church.....he has been very helpful. We hope to go to the JDC with a different format for a time. We hope to help them in their knowledge of the Bible and then they will also come to know God more.

I also talked with a local Minister who is Native American. David is a firm believer in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. To make our conversation short ---- "we need to fast and pray". He reminded me that we cannot make anything happen....only the Holy Spirit can change hearts and lives. And so we need to give this over to prayer and fasting. I'm afraid that I personally haven't gotten into fasting......but I DO know that prayer is of utmost importance. Hopefully God will forgive me for not fasting.

And so I continue to ask for your prayers ....for our ministry.....for these young lives.....for guidance for us to have the right words.....and now especially for Nicole (steeped in the old traditional ways)......for Cheyenne (for her alcohol abuse)....for Robert (for his anger and fighting) ....and for the many other young people at the JDC. Most of them have very little knowledge of God and His Word.

Thank you!!! Please if you have any thoughts that perhaps you don't want to share "publically" on our blog. Contact us at our email address. petersgb@juno.com

Gary and Barb

No comments: