Monday, March 2, 2009

BANANA Song

Oh yes --- as Linda Hemmeke said...."music is powerful". Last Tuesday when we went to the Treatment Center for our "Bible Study" -- Connie had something to tell me after everyone else had left. She has had a song going thru her head that she learned at a Christian camp when she was 9. Connie is now 17. She wrote down what she remembered of it and I promised that I would go and search and see if I could find the song. I called Linda H. because I figured she knows so many songs she might just know this one. She asked if I had looked on the internet. No I hadn't .....doesn't usually work for me. But I gave it a try. Whoppee!!!!!! I found the words first.....and Connie had most of them right. Somehow ---- and I decided that God can direct you on the internet too.... :-) I found a video on Youtube with exactly the song I was looking for. And this is the neatest part I could figure out how to play it on my guitar just like the guy (Vince Nimms) on the video. Thank you Vince!!!
We went to the Treatment Center this past Sunday and surprised Connie with the song. Had a blast with the kids. Here is the site --- go check out the song for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vUskwBQ1aM ---- enjoy :-)

Gary is telling me I am rather late with this seeing as how we go back there tomorrow night.........I will try to do better.
Barb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,
I never heard of the song either, but I watched it on the website. It's a fun song.
Gotta love that internet when it goes right and you can find what you are looking for!
Yesterday I took Elizabeth to school and when she was eating her breakfast she said she had the song Who Is The King Of The Jungle going thru her head.
She's listened to that song and Pharoah, Pharoah on the internet here and they both have a video to go with them. She likes them both.
Praying you have a great visit with the kids today.

Margo

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb and Gary,

We liked the song!! We never heard it before, but like the catchy tune with a great message. Keep up the great work.

Love and prayers,

Ken and Sally