I just wanted to share this "precious" neighborly moment that I had last night. The phone rang and I answered it... "Pauline??" ---- "No, this is Barb - I think you have the wrong number". She told me who she was trying to reach...."I wanted to see if she could use some pickles."....."Do you have a garden?" She asked me. Now this person - whom I could tell was elderly --- did NOT know who I was at all!!! "Well, yes" I said "We do have a garden but we didn't plant any pickles." So she asked me "would you like some?"
Now you tell me........is this neighborly or what?!?!?!? I'm sure she knew she had called a local number and so it must certainly be someone nearby. And so she told me where she lived....and I know just where that is......so I will be going over there to meet a new "neighbor" and get to share some of her produce!!!
YUP!!! Life is like that out here on the prairies!! :-) The place is chock full of good people!!!
I'm thinking I should be more neighborly!!!!! You too?????
With love for all of you!!!! Barb
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Barb,
Great story. Let us know what happens when you go to her house.
Margo
That is so cool!! Yes, it's a good reminder to be more neighborly. Glad you're surrounded by people like that. It's a blessing.
Myrna
Post a Comment