Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fish bait........and more.

Gary went fishing yesterday and came home with his limit of bass and 2 real nice perch. Below is his live bait....YES! live bait. These were the favorite bait of the day. He caught this grasshopper out there in the field and this rascal was still alive when he got home. As you can see the thing is HUGE !!
Meanwhile back at home.....I "enjoyed" a day of canning. Actually if I hadn't forgotten an important part of my pressure cooker --- the "jiggler" (those of you who use a pressure cooker will know what I mean by that term).....the day would have been totally enjoyable for me too. But it was rather stressful until I found a dear neighbor lady who had one that I could borrow.
So we now have carrots, and salsa and some stewed tomatoes to enjoy this winter. I really love seeing those jars lined up on the shelf downstairs.
Hope you too are enjoying the fall type weather.
On another note......There is a gal by the name of Victoria that we grew to care about very much in the Detention Center. Upon release we would hear from her via email once in a while and we stopped in at her home once or twice. Her little niece is in our Release Time at Lakeview. Well, Tuesday at R.T. Gayle said "Vicky went to school in Oregon". We were pretty sure that Gayle was wrong and that Vicky had really gone to an Indian School in Oklahoma (that had been in the plan for a while). However, after several phone calls we located Victoria in Salem, Oregon at an Indian School there. So we can now keep in touch with here there. GOD IS GOOD!!!
With love, Gary and Barb

1 comment:

Duke in MT said...

Dear Gary & Barb,
I always enjoy your reports from SD. God truly is good--even to the grasshoppers it appears.(Gary you don't need the gloves you are wearing in the pic for handling those critters)
Looking forward to seeing you folks in a few weeks.
Take care and God bless.

Duke in MT