Saturday, April 9, 2011

Got some photos to share :-)


For those of you who know what the Lakeview CRC basement looks like you will realize that the big set of cupboards is gone. And the piano is waiting to be moved through that door and up the steps. The walls are in bad need of repair and it's still in the "thinking it out" process. The piano is going to a young family from church. It does need a little work but I think they will enjoy it for years to come.




This is the shelf Gary made for the tv that is in the nursery. We used some of the leftover ceiling boards to trim it. Looks pretty good.....and we hope it will serve the purpose.










Today we moved 16 more pairs. This little one needed some encouragement. However, not as much as another one I had to contend with. We got the little heifer calf paired up with her mama and tried to head to the east toward the gate. Well - leave it to a girl - the little rascal decided to take the senic route.....and then when she got to the fence it looked like she would try to go on through it. Mama just followed along behind her. I had to get off ole' Buck to move her in the right direction quite often. As you looked at the calf from behind --- the ear tag read 21P - mama's number. Well, if you look at it from a distance it looks like zip....hope I don't encounter
too many more "zips"!!!!!

Sometimes you just have to get off and wake the little guys up. I don't have a problem getting off my horse with the Herefords.....but those Angus.....that's another story. And I have HEARD too many stories - horror stories---- so I stay put on my horse and so far it has worked. Gar isn't as skidish about that as I am.....but I do a lot of chewing on him when he does it.

It was foggy all day today and as we headed back to the barn with the horses we knew we had finished just in time. The mist was starting to blow through the field. We had made it without getting wet.

We are tired tonight --- but it was a good day!!!

Hope you enjoy the photos.
Gary and Barb

No comments: