Rick is doing really good. We talked with him this morning ---9:30 am our time is 9:30 pm his time --- so does that make him exactly on the other side of the world?!?! Anyway, he said as he boarded the plane he told himself -- "you can still turn around Rick.......you can still get off Rick". But now after almost a week there - he is enjoying it. Says it's a beautiful place --- flowering trees and so on......monitor lizards (6 foot long ones) to stay away from (but enjoyable to view) and the people seem to be treating him very well.
He's gotten a hair cut, eaten from the street vendors without any ill effects, seen 3 of the monitor lizards, enjoys the Thai food........however, there are some troubles --- sizes are small there and he has found it difficult to find some important items in his size. :) We had some good laughs over that one!!! Yes, he's on an adventure.
Classes start tomorrow..... he has 4 classes to teach. If I remember correctly --- two classes with about 60 students each, one Masters class with 1 student and one Doctorate Class with 6 students. He WILL be getting very busy.
And so we thank you for the prayers you lifted for Rick. God is GOOD!!! all the time!!
Today here ---- taking the shingles off the church roof...and that is a VERY steep roof! I'm afraid that as I type we are getting a ?? short shower --- and they had better be off the roof. I haven't seen lightening -- but hear thunder. I suppose there's that grief of a bare roof and now rain.....
Our Pastor and his family are all here now.... Benjamin is 13 and a hoot!! Gary said that Benjamin was wandering around by the church this morning and asked if Dan and Gary (standing around looking up) were the foremen or something.....they said "well, yes". Shortly after, a shingle came off the roof and landed on Gar's arm. So Ben yells out....hey be careful you just about took out one of the foremen --- they might quit on ya. :) :)......... we are enjoying them !!
Plans are moving forward with Prairie Light Youth Camp. I will be sending out Registration Forms tomorrow....and Robbi is doing the same for another group.
Gary just came home --- not good!!! Roof off -- rain and 60 mph winds predicted until 5:15 (it's 4:30 now) ...perhaps the wind will miss us. He took some awesome pictures so I will get them downloaded and send some your way.
Again---- Thanks for the prayers for Rick.
Gary and Barb
Monday, June 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment