Friday, March 2, 2012

Winter came for a visit and....JDC

We finally got some REAL winter. Our car was parked in just the wrong place -- so it became buried in the snow drift. We HAVE to remember that when the next storm comes (if there is one!). About 50 feet away from the car was bare lawn. I really think it's beautiful out when everything is covered with pure white snow....yes we do enjoy winter. Now the weather people predict 65 degrees by this coming Monday! Our roads will be a mess where those drifts melt away. We always appreciate good neighbors who call to see "are you snowed in?? --- I'll be right over with the tractor." We do have a tractor here -- but for some reason the bucket wouldn't dump, but finally --- after Dan came and got us cleaned out --- Gar got it figured out and he could put on the finishing touches to the yard.

We called in to the Detention Center to see if we would be able to come --- remember last week we were turned away because of Court. "Yes" we could come. We always ask how many kids are there ---- 32, but 2 are in Max (they can't come). So we had 2 big groups......the lesson was on Lazarus being raised from the dead and the verse was John 11:25 "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies." With the first group you could have heard a pin drop. They listened wonderfully. The second group had a few giggly girls -- and it became a distraction to me.....I was doing the lesson. So I asked them if they wanted to go back -- that it was OK -- but their talking was distracting me and I couldn't concentrate. I tried to do it in a very nice way -- and it worked --- they quieted right down. And that 2nd group just sang wonderfully. Of course, with both groups we had to finish with the Banana Song and that never fails to make them laugh!!! Go to YouTube.com --- put in Banana Song by Vince Nimms and you will see what I'm talking about ---- he's who I learned the song from.

So to those of you who prayed for the JDC meetings to be able to continue --- THANK YOU!!! We will have to continue to call and see what's up for the night. But we feel that if it becomes a problem - we will try to switch nights. We are supposed to have our fingerprints taken for a background check.....no - we never had that done - they just let us in. And now they have had us fill out the paper work finally. We would like to get it done (the fingerprints) when we go out there on Thursday evening or Sunday afternoon ....but so far - no go. They have one excuse or another. We really hate to make another trip out just to do that.....trying to save 40 miles on this expensive gas.......

That's about it again......the storm didn't make for any awesome pictures -- it wasn't that bad -- so have nothing to share on that. It's windy and sunny today......32 degrees at 9:30.

Gary and Barb

No comments: