Friday, September 21, 2012

BUTTERNUT squash and MORE Butternut squash

We cleaned out our garden a couple of days ago.   Frost hit our area - and hard enough that even though we had parts of it covered.....some of the coverings weren't good enough.  Too light weight I guess.  Anyway as you can see from the photo above, we have enough butternut squash to feed a small army!!!  Count them  ---  ---    ---  35 !!!!  We've had a nice amount of watermelon.....our picking has not always produced the perfectly ripe watermelon - but we have discovered that judging when a watermelon is ripe is a HARD call!  Our muskmelon quantity has also surpassed our expectations.  But there too ----- we thought we would wait a day or two on some ---- and come to find out that a varmit has come in from the bottom and cleaned it out.  :(   

Have you ever had dehydrated watermelon??  Well, I read on the internet that it was "just about like eating candy".  So I tried it.  Gar says I did more than enough - "it's not that good".   But I kind of enjoy it for a treat...and it is sweet enough to be "like candy".

For those of you (our Lakeview fans)....that told me I was doing so good on updating........You have put the "pressure on".....so I hope I can keep up with the demands    :)   :)   :)   Forgive me when I slip up    :)  :)  And that goes for more  than just the Lakeview fans........:)

Love each and everyone of you!!!
Gary and Barb

No comments: