Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Table has come home - and Sunday evening at JDC

Today we put our table in the trailer.   If you remember - we took it out of our cabin when we decided to put it up for sale.

  It was quite the task.  Gary and I got it out of the workshop ....and we put it on the truck..... it's much to far to carry to the house.  Anyway --- we got it out of the truck and that was as far as I could go.  I didn't have the strength to carry that thing up the deck - over top of the railings and then on it's side to get through the door.  So we called  for help.  Don S. - our neighbor - stopped in and gave a hand.  It was even hard for them two guys.  But it is in the house and we're lov'n it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A while back one of the boys at JDC asked if we knew the song "Jesus, Lover of my Soul".  Well, yes .....I found 2 versions in the Reformed song book that I have.  So which one was it.  We visited with the young man Sunday afternoon and I kind of hummed both of them to him.  Nope! Those weren't it.  And so he kind of hummed the one he knew.  OH!!!  I saw that on the internet.    So when we got home I looked again and found it on YouTube......just as I was listening to it our neighbor Kitty called to say they wanted to go along to JDC with us.  "Kitty! Do you know this song I'm listening to......"   "YES and I can play it on my guitar"
Fantastic!!!   You should have seen Austin beam when we starting singing it.  He sang along with the biggest smile you can imagine.  He had also mentioned "The old Rugged Cross".   He sang and sang.  It was wonderful.   He gave us thumbs up and we gave them right back at him!!!!    Those kind of nights are such a blessing.....and even a bonus when we could share it with others from our church in Lakeview.

God Bless!
Gary and Barb

No comments: