Time to feed the birds again..... I told you that I had been hearing the "sound" of Blue Jays. The other day they were at our sunflower heads on the deck. Even though some people consider them nasty and mean..... I like them --- as I said before --- sweet memories of hearing them at Beads Dam when I was a little girl. So I got a photo of a couple of them....
They haven't been back -- but I really think (and hope) that they will. And if not, I thank them for their visit.
------------------------
On another note, we went to JDC last night --- Halloween. We have done several different things with the kids on Halloween. Some have bombed -- others have worked out quite nicely. Last night was a half and half --- half "bomb" and half success. We played cards with them. Some of them caught on to our game right away.....others didn't. Gary's group was one that caught on and had a lot of fun with it....we played "99". For those who didn't - and my group was one of them (maybe it was the teacher - you think??)--- I said "well, teach me one of your card games". Yikes!!! They are fast, FAST!! Did you ever play California Speed???? Well they do and they love it....so, of course, they are FAST at it and good at it. After playing with them for a while we made rootbeer floats for them. It was a fun time no matter what and we saw lots of smiles -- even after the initial blank looks from some. Friends from Overisel Reformed Church were along to help.....Lee and Keith Lubbers and Ross Nagelkirk. They had been to JDC before and were excited to be a part of it. And, of course, Julie and her niece were there also. We are so thankful for their constant support and help!!!!
Foggy here today......very small world ever since about 3:00 a.m. But the guys are out hunting anyway ----- looking for the elusive coyote.
Next week, for about 3 days, I will be cooking for a group at Don S. Hunting Lodge. Last year I had the privilege of helping Barb S. cook for them. It was a special time with Barb ---- and now that she is gone -- Don asked if I would do it. I hope I do as good as she did for the guys.
Take care!! And thank you for your support and prayers.
Gary and Barb
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Mom you are a great cook! And i'm sure you will be a blessing to all the hunters!!! :)
Holly
Post a Comment