Well, it is way past time to update. I won't use my stay in the hospital for an excuse.....but for those of you who don't know..........I had a perforated diverticuli (don't really know what the right term or spelling is)....but it's in the intestines. It could have been much worse - so we are very thankful for what it WASN'T. I appreciated the surgeon that was assigned to me - rather than my family practitioner. He wanted to go "slow and let it heal itself". And it did. So after a 3 day stay - I am back at home and doing just about all I please. I now will be doing without popcorn along with a few other things like coconut and peanuts and seedy fruits (strawberries).....but popcorn I WILL MISS!!!
The other hospital story is that our daughter Marti was in the hospital the very same day I was - May 3. Her stay produced our 10th grandson -- Keller Ronald Sparling.......7.7 pounds and 19 inches long. We can't wait to see him. We hope to leave Tuesday morning.
Release Time is done for this school year. We seemed to have a lot of days that we missed.....snow days....parent / teacher conferences....and more snow days. But all in all it was a very good year. We are already looking forward to next year.
We continue with the JDC program. Some days we go home thinking postive thoughts ---- other days like today ....we just shake our heads. Please continue to pray for these young people. Our God is greater than anything!!! And so we have to remain faithful to sharing his Good News and not dwell on the "small stuff".
Gary has had a few good projects this spring....but now our big thing is the garden / greenhouse. We have the greenhouse full. Potatoes, beets, carrots, radish and onions.....everything that is "in the ground". We discovered that it just gets too hot for beans, zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, and so on. So they are in the outside garden --- which we also have full. We are already eating our radish --- YUM!!
Well --- I will try to have some cute pictures of Keller (grandson) when we get back.....in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for your continued prayers and encouragement!
Gary and Barb
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. We are praying for you and all that you do. Drive carefully. Linda
Post a Comment