Monday, September 8, 2014

Brother Bills visit and update on the Freedom House

Bill flew in on Wednesday and stayed until Saturday morning.  We had a lot of fun. In the evenings we played some card games, Farkle, and Big Boogle .....laughed and laughed.    He and Gary did some Dove hunting and were successful.  There is not much of a breast on them but it IS tasty.....not gamy at all.  I had a big roast in the crock pot and I wasn't going to change my menu ......Bill wasn't all that worried about missing out on the Doves....he's eaten plenty of game meat.  But Gary and I had them Saturday evening -----shiskabob style.  Pieces of zucchini, onion, green pepper, cherry tomatoes and then the dove breast that I had soaked in salt water first.  I coated them with a little olive oil and then sprinkled Scotty's seasoning on them.... YUM!!!

And then an update on the Freedom House where I will be "teaching" some cooking skills.  I was supposed to start today....however, we are waiting a week to begin.  Waiting for one of the clients to get out of jail......  THEN - an also......The gal who will be cooking on Thursdays is unable to be there on the 18th ----- so she asked if anyone could trade with her.  I said that would work for me.   SO --- I will now be starting my "teaching skills" on the 18th instead.

Supposed to get cold tomorrow....hot today.  Not sure which one I want.......  I guess we might as well get ready for the cold.  But I'm not going to put the summer clothes away just yet!

Have a good day!
Barb


No comments: