Gary and I took a ride this morning --- to look for deer and just to see the beauty of the day. We saw 2 eagles -- one a bald eagle... he was HUGE!!! And the other was either a Golden Eagle or else a young Bald Eagle.....also a VERY big bird. They are always gone before you get close enough for a picture....but we did get one of these pheasants who seemed to be out sunning themselves.
I always enjoy looking at the Hay Butte......so I hope you enjoy it also.
Gary has been pretty busy with projects and I've had a couple in the works also........his I can show you but mine are a surprise for a few special people -- so can't share right now. But here are a few of Gary's ......he is surprised sometimes.........he walks out to the shop and another piece of equipment has arrived for him to fix. Some of the stories of their "how it happened" are pretty interesting.
This one was a big "OOPS!!" It's a panel hauling trailer......Those hangers up top are not supposed to be pointing forward --- should be straight out to the sides. Unknown to the driver -- at the time -- but he had the wrong sized ball on his pickup.....his was a 1'' 7/8 and the trailer needed a 2" ball.....SO when he hit a big bump in the road it popped off and those heavy panels kept on going.
The next four pictures are of "Gramma Geneva's Chair"..... She was not my Gramma..... But I definitely remember Geneva Walkling! We were ever so happy that Gary could repair her beautiful rocking chair for Marlys and Vern. As you can see - the spooks were all broken out on the back side. It took some ingenuity on Gary's part. The middle picture is of his "steamer". He steamed a piece of oak and then put it in a jig to get the right curve. There were a few set-backs but it finally worked out.
This is the finished product from the back side.
From the front -- which everyone looks at.... it is a beautiful chair..... and I might add a very comfortable chair. I checked it out in the workshop. Now for a delivery back to it's home........Another project was a new basement door for the parsonage. This might be on hold until the weather gets a little warmer out. This is an outside entry door and needs some installation work done. I am happy that I don't have to help on this one.....takes more than I can give :) :)
So far we plan on going out to the Detention Center this afternoon to visit with some of the kids....but as we look out the window it's starting to blow. Guess the good part is that we will be home before dark so I think we will continue with the plan. Better make sure we are dressed for anything!!
We are ever so thankful for Andee and Julie who help us with JDC. We plan on heading back to Michigan for Thanksgiving and we know that they will continue on with our Wednesday evenings while we are gone. We don't have anyone for Release Time so will be back for that Thursday with the young kids. Things are going pretty good with Release Time. We are telling a Bible story to the 1st Graders and also to the 2nd and 3rd graders. The older groups are working in a Bible Study workbook and it's going good. The 1st lessons were on the Ten Commandments and then how we need to use them for guidance even today. Now we are into "what kind of friends we should have....." It's all good stuff and we hope it's something the kids will take to heart. We are also working on learning the Ten Commandments with some visual helps.
Thanks for the prayers and interest in what we are doing. We feel blessed to be a part of God's Great Plan......telling the kids about His plan of Salvation.
Gary and Barb








No comments:
Post a Comment