Today is Thursday.......
.......yesterday we were able to get out and go to the Detention Center. We asked if we could go in at 5:00 instead of 6:00 so we could beat the wind.
We had a grand time with the young people. We decided that the lesson as it was -- we would do the girls and boys separate - that way we are better able to work one on one and this seemed like the best thing to do. The lesson was titled "Do not put a stumbling block in your brothers way". We had just 5 verses to look up and fill in the blanks. I Corinthians 10:13, Romans 14:12-13, Ephesians 4:29, Luke 17:1-3 and I Corinthians 16:13-14. You look them up. We talked about them first and then had the kids pair up with one of us. We had 5 of us...Laura Patton, a neighbor of ours joined us last night and then Andee and Julie and me and Gary. Then we finished with a reminder of Jesus love and forgiveness if we call out to him.
When the boys came in there were only 4......so I sat out when we got into groups . I was able to watch the action. Gary on his knees beside Tait......Laura and Ransom discussing the verses......Andee helping Joe who can't read so good....and Julie just explaining away to Justice. It was really a blessing to watch the conversations taking place.
Some of you might remember that we had a young man named Ransom who at times was "pretty bored"...or "I had a little fun". Ransom is back once again but we see changes in him. He is not so ? aloof..... He always was friendly - but just didn't seem to see any need to care about what we were talking about. Last night his prayer request said a lot. We feel that God is at work in Ransoms heart and he is interested!! So if you would ---keep Ransom in your prayers.
The real reason that we wanted to go over these verses was because we have a girl there who told us she was selling drugs and making big money......she saw nothing wrong with it....."it's their choice". So if you would also keep Sara in your prayers --- we would appreciate it.
We made it home and there was NO wind. But as we lay in bed we could hear it.
Back to today.......
Gary went to Don around 8:00 -- at least he headed out to see if he could get there. He got there. He called around 10:00 to ask if Rob had come through with the tractor to feed the cattle. Rob was busy at it while we were talking. "OK" - Gary said "then I have a couple of hours before I better head home". Well, the wind is out of the North and Don's place is very well sheltered from the North. As I sat here I was thinking that he should be getting back -- it was NASTY out!!!!! ------- but he's a big boy so I won't be a nag and call to say - "come home".
To make a long story short ----- he got stuck on our 1/2 mile road. He called to warn me that he was going to start shoveling and wouldn't be home in time for lunch......so at least I knew where he was. Finally, I decided I had better go out and see what was up. I first went to the shop -- Toby was barking in that direction---- nope not there. It was OK to walk in a southerly direction......go north and the snow and wind were horrible!!! I got to the end of our driveway and thought " there's no way I can walk up the road"......So I said a prayer for Gary....looked to the north and there I could see him coming walking. Thank you Lord.
The truck is sitting in a snow bank and we are sitting (napping) in a warm home. Another Thank You Lord.
There was no school today at Lakeview --- so no Release Time. They have not had school all week. The Todd County District (other schools in the area) had school but today they released them at 12:30 - right when it was the nastiest out here. Hope Marlys and Patti and Julie and others made it home OK!!!
And so the "WINTER SAGA" goes on....... we live on the prairies. My Aunt Melva would say "it's a harsh land".
Gary and Barb
Thursday, January 8, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment