I just looked back on the "prairie notes" and see that I haven't put any FINISHED pictures of the sawmill. The other day we cut down a dead pine tree from our yard---- for the 1st test cut. The sawmill worked quite nicely -- but a little wobbly. Perhaps the motor needed more speed .........--- but anyway....Gary was happy --- it worked!!!!
Last night he came in from the shop and said --- I got it!!!!! What did you get??? He got rid of the wobble. He had been working on it ---- putting more strength to the framework that holds the motor and sawblades.....and finally last night -- that was it......No more wobble. He's rather proud of the fact that this sawmill has only cost him about $200.00. Lots of parts and pieces from here and there and a donated motor...... Jay said - "I haven't used that motor in 10 years -- give it a try."
Today, they (he and neighbor Don) are headed to the Niobrara River area where another neighbor has land and told Gary ----"there are trees that we had cut down. You can have whatever you want." We went and checked it out the other day and it was rather disappointing .....not too many that are nice and straight. But there are some -- they will just have to work at it. He was hoping for more Red Cedar ---- there is one -- but it will be a LOT of work getting it out.
OK ----- back to a letter I was writing.
Barb
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment