Yesterday was a much anticipated day......both for our Lakeview Congregation and for Mark, Dawn, Michaela and Evan Langenbach. They called here around 12:30 to say that they were in Murdo.....which is approximately 1 hour north of us. They weren't real sure about how to find their way on the last leg of the journey ....so...."would we meet them in Mission to guide them home". Of course!!!
Gary went to meet them and I called around to let "helpers" know when to come to the parsonage. They pulled in about 1:45 - 2:00......in the big yellow Penske truck and their "new" SUV. The long trip from Racine, Wisconsin was over for them. Now to unpack. There was plenty of help --- young and strong...."old" and determined all came out to help. We were done by 4:00. We were all thankful for the nice day......perhaps a little bit hot but at least it wasn't raining!!!!
I really don't envy them the next couple of ......??weeks. Gary said they offered to put their beds together but "no - they were fine". Many, many boxes were put in the "right" rooms.....but ....oh my!!!! what a lot of work to get them all emptied!!!!
They have arrived just in time for Prairie Light Youth Camp. Perhaps lots of activity will be good -- hope so!!!
Tomorrow Gary and I are going to be helping Don S. put blinders on his last batch of pheasants. Pastor Mark was invited and I think he will take Don up on the invite. It's a good way to get to know more of the neighbors.
I will try to keep updates going concerning camp. We are ready ......have 18 registered for our group --- so we should end up with a good number. More girls than boys --- but I think that will be just fine. We appreciate all your prayers for this coming week. Our helpers this year are Don and Jeanie .........Ken and Patti if you are reading this --- if you remember Mackenzie (the gal who prayed to receive Christ last year with us)....she is signed up again. :) :) It will be good to see her!!!
Thanks! Gary and Barb
Friday, July 17, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment