I am partial to Hollyhocks........ and they are literally everywhere!!.....both sides of our trailer -- up by Grandpa's house and by the garage.....and I keep throwing seeds all over -- by the greenhouse and the dog house and an old pile of wood that I want to hide............love em!!
....and they are just starting to bloom.....mostly pink and white....but some splashes of red in there too. I wish it was more red!
And the Day Lillies that just came up on their own and are now spreading.....lovely!!
But, OH!!! the wild Prairie Rose --- those are the so special. They grow in the ditches, on the road side, and in the pastures. Deb Van Malsen and I planted these along the side of the trailer way back in 2009....and they are going strong. Thanks Deb!!!
And then there's my little ?? Barrel Cactus......found several years ago in one of Dwight's pastures. Mr. Nollette said he never had any luck transplanting these..... I really should go and visit him with this pot full...... It started with just the largest one that you see and has grown and grown. I pondered on taking it along on our camping trip - but decided against it. I was afraid I would miss out on the beautiful little pink flowers....but not so.....these two came out before we left. I did miss several.........because it looks to me like there have been possibly 8 flowers this year.
So --- there you have it --- a tour of my flower garden.
Barb
2 comments:
Like your tour. My prickly pear is just starting to bloom. We dig it up in SD a long time ago, have transplanted it once and it still grow and blooms. Linda
Like your tour. My prickly pear is just starting to bloom. We dug it up in SD a long time ago, have transplanted it once and it still grow and blooms. Linda
Post a Comment