Good Morning......... I just about couldn't find this blogspot thing AGAIN.... Gotta remember so much on these goofy computers.....taxing on the brain!!! I can't get to it on "Internet Explorer"....only on "Goggle Chrome"(or is that Chrome Goggle???). Anyway.....snowing here....they predict that we could get up to 9 inches..if we do....and the wind comes up.... -- ... we will (WILL) be in trouble. Oh man!!! --- and the grocery store has so many nice specials this week -- I might not get there this Saturday........ Storm Warning until tomorrow some time...... 21 below tonight.
WELL ------ but that is NOT what this update is about.....it's about an AWESOME happening yesterday at Gary's stress test. So this is how I remember it......
Gary was getting into his test -- they were hooking him up to the heart monitor (oh and he was having this - just because - he has no problems) and he said the one gal was rather unfriendly. But they finally asked him to tell them about himself....what did he do?? So he told them that he (we) go to the Detention Center a lot. And the one gal - Vicky --- her eyes got real big and she pointed a finger at him. You guys are the ones who do the BANANA SONG!!! "Yes! we are". She went on to say that she helped with the Ambulance that took kids to ER......when they are hurting - they want to hear the Banana Song. She says they call you "mom and pop-----they love us and we love them".
When Gary finished the test --- I was waiting in the lab waiting room --- they came out to me together -- Vicky and Gary. Gary introduced me to Vicky and she told me the story. What an encouragement!!!! I gave Vicky a big hug. She said "you have a wonderful ministry -- you ARE making a difference". Then she asked me to sing the Banana Song. "HERE?!?!?" But we kind of "said" it....and bingo -- she knew it!!! But they didn't call it - The Banana Song ---- it was something about 'Fruit'....
Those "kids" are the Detention Center kids......they are the only ones we do the Banana Song with.
We tell you this --- not because we "want the praise of men!!!!!" But just to let you know these things so that you too can give God the Praise that He so deserves!!!! We often think that it's in the BIG things that God works.....and He does certainly --- but he also uses those silly little things that we do. And let me tell you -- the Banana Song -- is a SILLY little thing! I just went to Youtube to try to find it......but the good oldie is gone. Several years ago a gal in the JDC asked me if I knew the Banana Song. "No". But I contacted Linda Hemmeke --- She would certainly know it. Well - she didn't -- so I went to Youtube and found Vince Nimms doing it....with the words that Connie had remember from when she was a little girl at Bible Camp. So that was how I did it with my guitar. The kids always get a hoot out of it......and when a new kid comes in .....they laugh and laugh.
It's those kind of things that stick in their mind. Here are the words to the Banana Song.
I like bananas.....I know that mangos are sweet.....I like papayas ...PAPAYAS (the kids yell out).
But nothing can beat that sweet love of God.....here we go...here we go....here we go. Well,
I was walking round in circles 5 miles an hour trying to find my way back to the Heavenly
Father. The world tasted SWEET (high pitch)and then it turned sour ...till I asked God in and
received his power (Gary says...) LIKE ARNOLD SWARTZENEGGER
Then we repeat it..... And then we get to talk about receiving GOD'S POWER
So I guess I would say --- if you ever feel like God is asking you to do something silly --- DO IT!!! You might change a persons life!!!
God Bless and may you stay safe and warm and have a Wonderful Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
Gary and Barb (mom and pop😊)
Friday, December 16, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Blessings to you guys! May you always have lots of God's power!!
Post a Comment