Sunday, February 19, 2017

Geese - .......thousand .......on "pond" February 19

Geese by the hundreds....more like a thousand of them.  They are flying over and then putting on the brakes and coming in for a landing just a 1/4 mile from us.  Real noisy bunch!!  We stood out and watched as some of them came in.   Got a few shots so you can see the numbers.....



That white "thing" in the middle picture is also a goose.....the only white one in the bunch.  I love how they set their wings and go in for the landing.  This "pond" is in the circle to the south of us.  We are figuring they will stay for the night - unless something causes a scare amongst them.    I wish I could be there with my camera when they all take flight --- wouldn't that be a picture!!!
I also took this video ---- it has NO quality to it.... it's just too hard to hold my little camera still when zoomed in that distance....but hopefully you get a good idea of how many there are.


Have a wonderful day.!!  It was a really nice day here but has now clouded over and getting a little chilly.
Gary and Barb

No comments: