I had my screws removed a couple of weeks ago and I can tell it definitely was the thing to do!!! It's hard to explain what these screws did to me --- to my flesh --- as I bent my knee I could feel a "ripple" effect in my muscles. When I let the Dr. feel it he knew it was the screws doing it. These screws were down by my knee - holding the pin in place that was part of my broken hip repair. The Dr. really wanted them to be in for a full year (if there was no problem they would have stayed in forever).....they made it 6 months --- and Dr. was OK with that. I am glad they are gone. I was afraid it would set be back again and I might be needing a cane. But that wasn't the case and I have no problems. In fact I can walk further - better.
Our pup, Skip, who was run over in June........had a pin in his leg all this time. He is now pin free also. That is looking like a no problem item also. He is supposed to behave for another 4 weeks......no running. He so wants to get free to wrestle with Toby but we are trying to restrain him. Toby needs that kind of exercise ---- but not Skip just yet. I really wonder what will happen when these two dogs are free from all restraint. I just stay out of their way!!!!
When I had my Upper GI (along with the colonoscopy) the Dr. thought (he wasn't at all sure -- but maybe there was something there) he saw something on my voice box. So I should go to an ENT (Ear, Nose Throat) and let them have a look see.
So last Monday we traveled to North Platte (actually we camped in North Platte) and went for a visit to the Dr. I really figured he would tell me to come back another day.....but no he would do it right away. So he sprayed some stuff up my nose to somewhat deaded it....and then put a little light - attached to the end of a tube - down my nose to my voice box. He had a screen he could look at ---- attached to the tube ---- "Nope - I don't see a thing --- you're good to go". And that was that. And I have to tell you --- once again Gary and I had prayed that they would find nothing. NOTHING 😁.
We had camped at the Buffalo Bill State Rec. Area........ the Nebraska Campgrounds leave a lot to be desired!!!! And the Gov. is going to get a "nice, friendly" letter --- letting him know what needs some improvement!!! Good grief -- at the last one you had to pay for the shower and after getting all undressed and put my quarters in......NOTHING 😝 --- the next one (after wrapping a towel around myself) didn't have a shower head.........!!!!!! Finally I got my shower but I think my blood pressure had gone up a few numbers!!!!
We have had 13 inches of rain since June --- but right now it's getting pretty dry. It's great haying weather and they are busy at it. Our lawn is still green and in need of mowing. 90 degrees with a light breeze is still comfortable if you don't do anything and just sit under the trees 👍 Come on over and we'll have some iced tea!!!
Love to all, Gary and Barb
Friday, August 10, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment