Friday, July 18, 2008

Thursday - Family Night and More

Lots of thoughts in my head right now......too much to write it in full so I will shorten it to a "list".......
1. Lou-Ann (camper from last year who I have kept in contact with) didn't want to talk a few days ago-----she called me yesterday and we had a real nice chat.
2. Family Night was very well attended by the Native People. We got to meet several of the kids parents and talk a bit with them. Those who attend are really nice people.
3. David Marshall spoke once again....not well attended but that could have been because he got a late start. He is a very powerful speaker and really on fire for the Lord. He is Lakota and he wants to reach his people for Christ so very badly. He has asked for prayers for his little church in Horse Creek. If you look on the map you will see White River just north of where we are - Horse Creek is just a little "overisel" 3 miles south of White River.
4. Jon Knox (camper) was there with his Gramma and her sister - Winifred Hairy Shirt. Winifred has been looking for someone to do a Bible Study with. I told her we would be looking her up. They live approximately 6 miles away.

The Timmers and Sue will be leaving us in just a few minutes.....the van is packed. My Aunt and everyone else will be leaving today also. Quiet might be nice for a while but we will miss everyone. Please keep all the travelers in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for all the love and support.
Gary and Barb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb -
So glad you have this blog so we can keep up with things out there. I've been waiting til things settled down a bit there to ask this. We sent an encouragement card out about a month ago to "the kids on our 'frig" and got the one to Lou-Ann Brave Hawk back. It was returned by the post office and marked "No Mail Receptacle - Unable to Forward". Would you be able to get her correct address? The address we had was Box 293 in St Francis, SD. I had sent her a birthday card in late November and didn't get that back. If you do get a new address you can e-mail us: soccer_t15@yahoo.com. Thanks and God Bless!
Keith & Sally

Anonymous said...

Do you have a private email address so I can ask you something about "my" child from out there, that I've been praying for since last year? Thanks!
Myrna
mine is mtusoccermom@yahoo.com