Thursday, March 11, 2010

Back from Rapid City.....THANK YOU FOR PRAYERS

Well now......that's an old picture..... quite interesting really how the wind formed that drift behind our trailer..... BUT --- I put it on the blog just so you can get the "feeling" of a good old snow storm. We aren't in blizzard conditions but it's a good enough batch of snow and wind to blow the roads shut.

We did make it home from Rapid City. We started out this morning (Thursday) with a blustery, but partly sunny day in Rapid City. Gary was still feeling "funky" from the anesthetic (we figure) and so I was driving. By the time we got into the Badlands the snow was blowing across the roads and there were a lot of slushy patches ...... those spots have a tendency to "grab" the truck ---I'm sure you know what I mean. So that meant slower travel. We DID NOT take the interstate just because of the crazies on those!! I was quite content...no traffic on Hwy 44....so I could go the speed I wanted and did not feel "pushed" by anyone. About 50 miles from home the roads were totally snow covered -- but not really slippery. One mile from home and the drifts were forming enough that we knew we would have to cancel JDC because we probably wouldn't make it back in.

And so.............here we sit looking at each other :) :)

But we want to make sure that we thank you for all the many prayers that have been lifted for Gary's procedure. It went good. Quite involved really because it was in a difficult spot and so he was sedated more than we had figured on. After an hour and a half procedure....he also spent at least 1/2 hour sleeping before we left the facility. And then he slept a good portion of the afternoon away. He remembers VERY LITTLE of it......"who dressed me??" (He did it himself) He will have to go back in 3 months for another procedure.....just to make sure that they removed everything.

And now on another note.......We would ask for prayers for the Rigterink family... our daughter-in-laws family. Sharon Rigterink is losing her battle to cancer....but will be gaining a most glorious heavenly home...... Those left behind will miss her very much and so we ask for prayers for Aaron and Chanelle and their children, Ryan and Kelly and their children, and Mike and Julie and their children (our 6 grandchildren) and Loren (Sharon's husband) and of course the many other friends and family......

Your prayers are SO appreciated by us. We can't thank you enough!!!
Gary and Barb

No comments: