Dwight had mentioned to us that he was feeding 3 calves by hand. He had 3 sets of twins and the mama's only have enough milk for one of them.....so he was feeding them by hand and getting tired of it --- well I think he enjoyed it - but it took time - something he can be short on. "Do you want the job?" he asked. I said a loud "YES"!! So today (this evening) we had these three cute little Hereford calves delivered for us to take on the feeding chores. They weren't sure about getting out of that trailer.....that's a BIG step for a little guy. So I stuck my finger out and they latched on (thinking it meant milk) and followed me in to the barn . :) We sure hope all goes well -- would hate it if they got sick or something. Also --- we really don't know for sure what the plan is - they need a mama to go out to pasture. So we wonder what will happen to them.....guess we better ask the boss.
Our blog set up has changed....really don't even know how to explain it....but Google has changed the format and I CAN'T figure it out. Can't type where I want to .....can't get to the bottom of the page - below the last picture. So I will have to end this one in the middle of the page. I really hate "progress" of this type --- why can't they leave good enough alone.!?!?!?
Maybe I'll get if figured out......if anyone has some clues --- let me know!!!
Gary and Barb


No comments:
Post a Comment