Monday, May 14, 2012

Three gone --- two arrived --- :) out at the Peters Ranch :) :) HaHa

Well --- all three of "our" baby calves have been adopted out. Two of the cow/calf pairs accepted each other more easily than the one pair, but all in all I think it was a win/win situation.  It was a lot of fun going out twice a day to feed them. But even though we miss those cute little critters we are glad they will have a "mama" for the summer. 

Today was "day 21" --- our banty hen has been sitting on 4 eggs for 21 days....and today (after being asked by a neighbor if I had any chicks!!) - I went for a look see.  And there was one cute little chick sitting all snuggled up under mamas wing.....I could hear something more going on and sure enough ---- next check and we had 2.  I don't know if there is a chance that the other two will hatch yet or not.....but we will wait and see before we pitch 'em.   These two are "adoptees" also.....they will be twice the size of this banty mama....Big Brown Laying Chickens.  We got the eggs from our neighbor - Don - when our "sitting hen" - was sitting on NOTHING.

On a serious note ---- please, if you would, keep the Youth Group in your prayers.  We have lost the building that we were going to meet in and we haven't heard yet if they have found another spot to meet.   So as of right now I don't know if we will be meeting this weekend or not.  Makes you (us) kind of sour  ---- we were told we could meet in the building (in Mission) this one time and that was all.......  So we are just a bit sour on it all.  Plus - is it smart to meet on time and then have to move.....or should we postpone until a (hopefully) "sure" spot is found.

Beautiful weather here lately.....but we could use some rain!!! 

Gary and Barb

No comments: