No we aren't considering the storm "for the birds"...... on the contrary --- it's rather nice to sit in a warm home and look out at the blowing snow with the trees still hanging with ice. And then to go out for a while and be able to come back in and get warmed up. The storm hasn't brought a lot of snow -- perhaps 4 inches here. But the wind is, of course, doing it's thing
We have baby calves being born on the place and yesterday we helped Rob
and Dwight get all the cow/calf pairs in to the corrals and the rest of
the heifers in a sheltered place. Otherwise those little calves born
out in the corn field might not have much of a chance.
But - for the birds..... sometimes I will let the feeder go almost empty when you know the birds should be able to find something on the ground. But today ---- not so. I went out to get the thistle feeder in so that I could fill it. On bringing it back out. A bird decided I was no threat and it stayed right there as you can see. I tried to put some seeds on my wet hand (so it would stick) and held it out for them....but my hand got cold long before any birds decided to come to sit for a picture.
We are enjoying these Purple Finch, Goldfinch, Chickadees and Snow birds, as well as Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers.
We didn't have church this morning and we won't be going to the Detention Center tonight. So, it's been a day of reading and painting on my latest paint by number picture (Chickadees on the Lilac Bushes) and working on a 1000 piece puzzle. I need lots of activities going ---- I guess I have a short attention span.
Wishing you a good week!
Barb and Gary
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi Gary and Barb, I know I haven't posted in a very long time, but wanted you to know that I do continue to pray for you and your mission work and the youth. I hope you got through that last storm fine and all is well.
Myrna and Cliff
Post a Comment