We had measured the kids for the size of their shirts quite a while back and they were wondering ---- when do we get to do our "Lakota" shirts. This past Thursday we finally got to work on the shirts. I thought it would at least take a couple of weeks -- but they were fast. They did a GRAND job as you can see.
This is why the kids called them "Lakota" shirts. The turtle is one of their native symbols - bringing health and long life.
Someone donated the shirts for Prairie Light Youth Camp. However, there really weren't enough for all of camp. So we were the happy recipients and decided to add a grand message on the back for the kids to decorate. The shirts had to come home so I could iron them before sending them with the kids. The colors will last longer with the ironing.
Gary and I went ice fishing yesterday --- in the drizzling rain. We didn't catch many fish - got rather wet..... but Gar says it "was not a wasted trip". Well, I wasn't thinking that either. I now know that the ice is thick and I don't have to worry. We found a shorter way to get to the Lake....we went to He Dog Lake. And it was a time away together.
And now for the Youth Group Meeting this past Saturday.
We weren't having a lot of luck finding kids that wanted to come that afternoon. It was 50 degrees out -a very nice day - so when you can run and play outdoors - who wants to go to a youth group.?! Others were gone - some to a Birthday Party...... So as we came back to church with one girl - I was thinking "now what". But we had one more area to cover. Our next stop -- "no she's not home"..... next stop......Yes! three boys that were with us each time before wanted to come. YES! And there were 3 girls hanging out with them - so we asked if they wanted to come.
Anyway --- all in all we had 8 young people for the event. Gary did the lesson on Jesus entering Jerusalem with the praise of the crowds (knowing his death was coming). The kids really listened good. We also had the verse Psalm 34:1 I will praise the Lord at all times. His praise is always on my lips.
We then handed out Journals for the kids and asked them to write some things that they could praise God for. One young man wrote "I prayed that my cousin Dade would get better and he did."
We finished with a game and lunch. ----- "Successful" was stamped on the evening.
We are so thankful for all those who are helping with this group. We don't feel overwhelmed with this new additional event to our life because we have such a good crew making it work. Next week the VanderWeys - Rick and Kitty - will be in charge. God is at work and we thank you for your prayers!!!
God Bless ---- Gary and Barb






No comments:
Post a Comment