Tuesday, August 27, 2013

That 'ole snake hanging on the wall.......

Well --- I always kind of liked my Bull Snake that I had mounted......skinned and dried and hung all by myself.   No one else wanted to touch it!!!!!    Some people found it interesting ---- others just cringed!!

Well, for those of you who thought it was "nasty"     (that's OK )   it is gone!!!!  And replaced - I think - with something wonderful. " Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound" in Lakota is now hanging in it's place.  I think you will like it.    And for those of you who never saw the snake ---- sorry --- it was coming off the felt and I ruined it trying to re-connect it.  So it has been tossed.
We will be heading out for Michigan on Thursday of this week.  Gary and I decided that seeing as how it's our 45th Wedding Anniversary on August 30 -- we should celebrate with our family.   Man oh man,  that really makes me feel old.  I remember celebrating my parents 35th and thinking they were getting pretty old.  YIKES!    Oh well,  we are still young at heart  :)  and that's what counts.

Gary and Barb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks really nice. I would just like to know how you say it in Lakota. Can you give us the sounds in print?