A little time in the evening and it was a done deal --- ready to go pick up all those bales.
The hail storm that did the big number on our trailer and my Grandpas house.......windows, siding, roof.......also did a number on the skylights in the big barn. They leaked pretty bad. So Gary wanted to replace them. If you can figure out the following picture......those are the old skylights in the roof. The next photo is of the new ones - on the south side wall.
Boy does that make it nice and light in the barn. Now he will have to replace the roof lights with new steel. So the job isn't done......
Here is a view of the south side of the building.
The box was lined with a sealant --- hopefully preventing any leaking.
Those were Gary's latest projects...... The following is mine.
A few years back I really wanted a new couch. This one is the only one we have had ---- that makes it 46 years old. HOWEVER, Gary reminded me that it was still in good shape.....still comfortable.....built better than new ones.....etc. He had a way of making my want for a new couch disappear. Now I see this good ole couch as an antique that we need to take special care of. :) I mean it's as old as our marriage ---- so gotta keep a good thing. RIGHT?!?! So I finally found some material that I thought would make a good change. This is (I think) the 3th time that this "good ole couch" has been recovered. I did it 2 times and had it re-done once by a skilled person. I think mine will pass pretty good.....not professional - but decent. I also recovered the pillows .......
Now what do we do...... Got the chickens all butchered.....last two today. Been canning........
OH YEAH ------ yesterday we went kayaking with some young people. Had perfect weather and the kids had a lot of fun.
This is Rosie.....
| Whisper and Landan going under the dock. |
Wendy - who purchased all the kayaks last year, set the date.....we brought some kids and she brought some -----together we had a good time. Two of the kids had attended PLYC ......one we knew from the Recovery program and the other gal was a new comer. We had sloppy joes, macaroni salad, chips and drink. Everyone ate till they were full. And everyone went kayaking.......some sooner than others........takes a little thinking about if you've never done it before. We hope it do this event again before it gets too cold out.
Thanks for your support-interest-encouagement.........
Gary and Barb
No comments:
Post a Comment