My "cooking" up in White River is just not happening. This week Monday the one gal had a doc. appt. and sadly to say the other one was suicidal on Sunday so they have taken her to Yankton for treatment. I already know that I don't have to figure on the 13th...... many of the women will be gone to a Bible Conference.
I have been keeping busy though with lots of other activities. Yesterday I was invited by Sheri Tinant to see about making a pheasant wreath. I had saved 3 pelts so I didn't have to go begging......just begging for her expertise!!! I'm pretty happy with how mine turned out and Sheri has 4 beautiful ones herself!! Gar said
"did she make 4 while you made just one?!?!" No - she's been busy for a while! I had a rattlesnake hide that I wanted to include in my wreath. I almost ruined it -- but found a way to save some of it and get it in the wreath. So, yes people, --- I still have a snake skin (piece of one) in my house. This one is a real honest to goodness Arkansas Rattlesnake.....so not a local one that I came across. It was a "gift" :) :)
I also enjoy "paint by number" ....... this one has been in the works for a little less than a year. I think that old barn wood frame really sets it off. This will be a Christmas gift for a special someone ---- not telling who though.
Gary had a project of his own. Kim M. had asked if he could do a few alterations on a cabinet that he wanted to put the sound system on at church. It took some doing to find the right drawer closers.....but persistence paid off and he finally found them. The cabinet did not have drawers and that's what Kim wanted.
Would you believe he made these drawer pulls!!! Hammered them out of a flat piece of steel. I never cease to be amazed at what he can accomplish.
Tonight we will be going to JDC. I think we have a real fun lesson for the young people. Part of it will be the lesson on the Wise Man and the Foolish Man. We will have 2 houses.....one built on a rock and the other built on the sand. The rain (out of a squirt can) will come down in torrents and that house on the sand will fall FLAT!! We also have an activity for them to do on paper about building their life strong - on Christ. I think that for those who need visuals --- they will have several tonight. And yes -- we will also be teaching them the song....the wise man built his house upon the rock....and the rains came tumbling down......
We did this same lesson on Sept. 27 at the Rosebud Worship......did I tell you that????? We had made 15 little houses to give to the little kids and we had the biggest bunch of young people ever. SO we were short on the houses.....but only by one. Little Taleah will get one next time!!!
Release Time is on its way. We are blessed with lots of kids. One teacher - the 2nd and 3rd grade teacher - has ALL of his kids coming - all 14 of them....in ONE GROUP. We will not be working out of the workbook as we had planned ---- that didn't go very good with such a large group!!!! Instead we will do a Bible Story like we have been doing all these years. The workbook did work good with the older groups so we will continue in that. We do feel that we have to find a little time for some fun with them. It shouldn't feel too much like school --- workbooks and all that. So we will be busy with planning for some fun times each week.
Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!!!!
Gary and Barb





No comments:
Post a Comment