This past Wednesday evening at the Detention Center, Andee gave a lesson on Revelations 21. She did a verse by verse "explanation". And, by the way, she did a very good job. We only have 4 kids at this time, so there is time for questions and answers (if we have them). One comment by Andee really struck me - something new to think on. She said that "all the glory we receive here on earth - we will one day give to Jesus." Wow -- made me think......I have a hard time when people say "oh you are doing such a good thing"....... But now I realize I can give that all to Jesus - and will in person one day. Makes those comments seem more appropriate now!!! and hopefully easier for me to know what to do with. :) :) Thanks Andee for those encouraging thoughts.
Then today ---- the kids - the 7th and 8th graders at Release Time made us grin. We were talking about the 10 Commandments. So when we got to a big word like "covet" - we explained it......"take the Lords name in VAIN" -- we explained it. So when we got to the word "adultery" ---- no one knew what it meant. "Must be something for adults" was one comment. So we gave a clear explanation. I said that I was married to Gary and that I was faithful......if I went and had an affair with another man----- I would be committing adultery. So then they had to know how long Gary and I had been married. They guessed a while and then we told them ---- 46 years. WOW --- that's a long time.....and they broke out in clapping. :) :) Gary said "quit it - you're making my glasses fog up".
We also did a little review today ----questions about last years lessons on Moses. They did outstanding!!! I think there was only one question that the one group couldn't come up with -----
Who was Moses' brother? The one bunch even got that one. Makes us know that they listen because for the most part it was the first time they had heard the story of Moses.
So these little perks keep us going. We will have a challenging year. We have large groups and the school has asked that we do a little switching of how we do the kids...... We have always done the two young groups one week and the older groups the following week. They would like us to do one of each every week. So we will have to have our heads on straight -- our thoughts clear and ......YIKES.......can my brain handle all these curves. YUP I think we will make it - with God's help.
So THANKS for keeping us in your prayers!!!
Gary and Barb
Thursday, October 2, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment