but .....THE MEADOWLARK ....... their song is so special. When driving past them in a vehicle.....walking along the wayside.......even sitting in the house. God blessed them with a loud voice and what a special song it is. This morning as I walked out to the garden --- this one was busy singing and singing. So I hurried to the house for my camera --- wishing it was hooked permanently to my body!!!! ......and went back out hoping he wasn't done singing yet. He/she was still busy singing his praises to God. I got a couple of shots and then tried from a different angle......finally he flew away.
Perhaps he was announcing the rain that was on it's way......it is lightly raining as I type. Prediction is for a LOT more...so we shall see.
Oh yeah.....another happening this morning....... I walked up to Grandpas house where Lee lives ----to bring him his mail..... And I saw what looked like a baby calf in the alfalfa north of the house. It could only be one of VanderWeys' ...... so I called and told them about him. Then I went for my walk down the driveway...... Lee (works for VanderWeys) drove down to look for the calf........ when he came back past me with it in the back of his truck --- he told me the calf was "a newborn - - blind as a bat". HHhhhhmmm now I am wondering about that poor little thing......
Anyway ------enjoy the springtime......in whatever shape or form it comes.
Gary and Barb
No comments:
Post a Comment