Tuesday, May 23, 2017

More of God's Creation

First, I have to say that I was totally wrong on the "Pine Warbler"...that was a female Goldfinch -- or else a young Male Goldfinch that hasn't gotten his beautiful yellow feathers yet.   Anyway just wanted to put in that correction.

TODAY ---- we were blessed with this beauty.... My photo skills weren't very good --- got too excited and too close (with the zoom)--- but at least it's proof that we had this beauty on our deck.
This is an Indigo Bunting....  According to Audubon -- they eat the same thing as the Goldfinch and we have LOTS of them..... I haven't seen him again today --- but then we don't sit in front of the window all day either.

I told you we had a Black Headed Grosbeak.....here he is...

And then I just have to share one more photo.... These little guys are so pretty...
Today it's quite windy and it's fun to watch a bird sitting in the tree and having the ride of his life as he clings to a tree limb that's just swaying in the wind.

We also have Robins that come to our bird water-er.   The Robins are here all winter and from their droppings it looks like they eat the Cedar Tree "berries" --- can't be very tasty - but must have enough of something for them to live on.

I suppose we're not very loving to all of God's creatures.......the Blackbirds and Grackles.... we chase them away.  They are a nasty bird that scares all the other birds away.     So --- SHOO!!!!!

Gary was gone to Michigan last week....helping Mike get the corn planted.   It's good to have him back home again.  He did the trip out to Michigan in one day....... body was just buzzing from sitting so long - driving so long.   So he decided not to do that on the way home.......  Stayed overnight in Norfolk, NE and made it home just in time for the Potluck at church.

We had over 3 inches of rain last week.....more last night again.   So things are nice and green but now we need some warm sun to make things grow.  We had frost -- but I got everything covered in the garden in time and save most everything.

Gary is working on our lawn mower......can't get that thing figured out --- but it won't start.    FRUSTRATING!!!!  Thankgoodness for good neighbors that let us borrow their spare.

God Bless
Gary and Barb

No comments: