We've been enjoying the birds this spring. I've captured a few on film.... so will share them with you.
This little wren has been working so hard on making her nest in the top of that skull --- which is right outside my window as I type on the computer. She struggles with pieces of grass that are too long or ?? stiff. But somehow she gets them down there. I had cleaned out the skull earlier hoping she would be back. Anyway, we had one just like her doing the same thing last year. These little guys will sit and sing and sing and sing. FUN!!!
This one is an Orchard Oriole. They will come to our feeder and eat the grape jelly that I have out. We've had Baltimore Orioles here and I was hoping for one of them --- but will gladly feed these!! They are a small bird with quite a dark breast.
I think this one is a Pine Warbler --- definitely different from the Gold Finch!!! My bird book tells me they are probably just passing through on their migration.
We have also seen a Black Headed Grosbeak.....you kind of think your looking at an Oriole -- but the beak is much heavier. Haven't been able to get a picture of it yet.
And then I have to say that this lovely plant - Kalanchoe - is from two wonderful friends who remembered me on Mother's Day. Thank you Jean and Janel --- you are SPECIAL!!!! I hope I can keep it alive and get it to bloom again.
Gary is almost to Michigan as I am typing .... He is going to help our son, Mike, with spring planting. I opted to stay home and get the garden planted and take care of our dog and cats and chickens. I'm a little bit afraid that once I'm done with a few things here ----- time will drag. But maybe - just maybe I'll get some "cow fix" in.....help a few neighbors move cows/calf pairs out to pasture. We shall see........
We had a couple of nice rains just lately ......almost an inch total. So that will help the grass and crops grow!! Our lawn is nice and green even if it is mostly weeds.....or should I say dandelions!!!
Release Time is finished once again......but JDC and Alcohol Recovey will continue.
Take care and enjoy the nice weather!!!
Barb (and Gary)
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment