Friday, February 23, 2018

Attacked by a SKUNK!!!

I had physical therapy this morning and an eye doctor appt.   We got back home around 10:30 or so.  Gary and Dean decided to go fishing at the Parmelee Dam and Gary would pick up Dean at 1:00. 

We ate lunch and Gary said "good-bye".😚   It was a nice sunny day today.  I, of course, stayed home.

About 5:45 I got a phone call from Gary......."meet me at the door...........I want to know if you'll let me in the house.....I got attacked by a skunk!"    "WHAT -- just now?!?"  "No before I ever left to go fishing."

Gary was out to the barn to load up and this skunk came running at him. He threw his new jug of anti-freeze at it.    It came at him again and he gave it a good kick--- sending the skunk flying.   The skunk went under our 4-wheeler trailer (which sits outside).  Gary rushed off to get his shotgun out of the shop.....just in time.   He certainly!!!!  didn't want the skunk inside the barn.   He thought he'd have to kick it again but he just hollered at it and  it went running off to the south of the shop......   Shot DEAD!!     That skunk HAD to be RABID!!!

And then without telling me anything about it --- he went fishing. !!  Dean even got in the truck and rode with him to the Dam.   He really didn't get sprayed.....but he DID stink.  We are soaking his coat and bibs in white vinegar.....didn't have any tomato juice....  His boots stink the worse and they are brand new!!!!   AUGH!

I let him in the house......what else could I do --- it's COLD OUT.   We are burning candles in the back entry.  Not sure if our noses are just used to it....or if it isn't too bad in here.  His boots are outside!!!  They might not get in for a while!!!

I don't know for sure which is worse---- a rattlesnake attack -- or a rabid skunk attack!!  Thank goodness God was watching over him both times!!!

Gary and Barb

No comments: