Friday, February 9, 2018

Recovery / Healing is going pretty good.

It has been a month since I fell and had hip surgery......  I go to Valentine 2 times a week for therapy and do those same exercises 2 times a day at home.  My muscles are the problem.   Therapy people and others have told me that - "yes /no it wasn't really and 'air hammer' ...but close to it that drove those rods into my bones.  They have a more technical term for the tools......    YEAH!!  So my muscles are in rebellion for what happened to them too .....being pulled apart and ??what else!!    Some are working better than others....but I have to strengthen all of them.   So as it goes ....."no pain - no gain". 

Gary has been great.  Not only encouraging me with my exercises......."don't help that leg onto the bed...make it do it by itself".    He heard that at therapy and repeated it to me the following day.   I haven't helped that leg since!!!😬  There are a couple of exercises that amaze me --- that I can now lift my "bad" leg up off the bed - straight up.....WOW!!  In North Platte they wanted me to do it and there was NO WAY....it just wouldn't work.  Now I have to work on the one that is  laying on my left (good) side with a pillow between my legs and go straight up.  OUCH!!!  I can only lift it a couple of inches and boy does it hurt.    So therapist said "don't do it.......we'll work on strengthening those muscles more first."   PHEW! 

I went to JDC on Wednesday evening.  We had 2 girls and then 2 boys.  The boys left today....so we won't have them again but the girls will be there for a month.  Nice kids --- with good questions and very attentive and responsive.  It was a fun night.....even did a little singing.  I have to get my fingers toughened back up but we only did a couple of songs.

I also went into the grocery store today......when you are in town 2 times a week grocery shopping doesn't have to take very long.  It just happens more often.  Gary is willing to do the shopping but when he tells me how he went looking for peanut butter and made 2 trips around the store....I feel bad. He did ask "where's the peanut butter" finally.  It's good for him.....but I need the walking too.

I have an appointment in North Platte with the surgeon on Tuesday.....so wondering what he will have to say....And will he take x-rays to see how the bones have healed??

Snowy right now and VERY cold out.  So I guess I wouldn't be going outside to play anyway!!!  Might as well enjoy and hope that cabin fever doesn't work it's work!!

And so --- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE PRAYERS!!!  Prayer is most important as God is the Great Physician!!  And His hands are the best to be held with!!!


Gary and Barb

No comments: