Friday, March 9, 2018

Small graduation.....

Today was therapy day..... I had missed the last two sessions ... One due to a dizzy spell and the other due to a blizzard.  So it kind of makes you wonder if there was a little slipping.....not doing quite as well because of those misses.    But not to worry.   I had  Jeremy today.   He is the "head  honcho" and it seems that every so often he has to evaluate how things are going. He was real happy with everything that I could do.  He gave me some new exercises to strengthen my leg muscles.   They are the problem .... not the break anymore.   That has totally healed.  It's those muscles that were stretched and pulled and who knows what all else.     And my graduation?????  I only have to go to therapy once a week from now on.    They know I'm serious about my exercises --- so they will just use their time with me to check how things are going.   YEAH!!!!

Gary is outside in the workshop building a crate for Toby.   We are going to take him to Rapid City on the 19th for surgery.    Gary decided  - after watching Toby struggle in a snow bank -- that if his other leg went bad there was no hope for Toby.   But if we can make his one leg good....then if the other goes --- he will just have to be a three legged dog (still 4 legs - just one not working good).....   I think we could keep him very comfortable that way!!    Skip loves to play with Toby and for the most part Toby puts up with it.  But those puppy teeth are sharp!!!  and Toby lets him know every so often that it's quit'n time!

The reason for the crate --- is that Toby will have to be pretty stationary for a good 6 weeks.  Oh --- Poor Toby!!!  I feel so bad for him!!!   But if this works he will be so much better!!   We can take him out on a leash to go to the bathroom --- but no jumping and running and playing!!!

Anyway ----    So ---- Toby and I will heal together.   Thank goodness I am quite a ways ahead of him.    I hope that by spring I will be able to throw my cane away.   The walker is already a thing of the past!!!

Fishing has picked up some........ we will be eating lots of northern pike this coming year.  Not my favorite but not too bad if you can get those nasty bones out.

JDC was great again this week.   We read thru the story of Jonah.   The one girl knew the story and we had told the 2 boys that was their reading assignment.....but they forgot.   We had a real good discussion with the three of them.   It was good to be able to do just one group again.  And then we sang!!!  David sang his heart out.....Casey didn't really sing---but he did all the choosing.  And then the bonus....... two of the Officers (one was there for the whole lesson) were there singing along with us.   They share a "favorite song".... "Here I am to Worship" and "Jesus Lover of My Soul" (not the one in the church song books....but a different (better) one.)    It was GREAT!!!   Really a good evening.

No Red Winged Black Birds singing in the tops of the trees yet (I always figure spring is here when I hear their racket).  But it's on the way!!

God Bless!!
Gary and Barb


No comments: