Fishing has been slow --- but what we have caught was BIG. Dog Ear Lake is a long drive - 80 miles one way. But we enjoy that little spot and the state license for us Seniors is only $12. If we want to fish on the Rez it costs a whole lot more and we have found that the fish just aren't as big. But we might just give it a try anyway.
We went to a "secret" private pond ---- we mustn't tell because the owner won't be happy with us. So mums the word. Don - our neighbor - took us. He hadn't been fishing for a long time and really enjoyed pulling in the first and biggest Bass that was caught. Total I believe was 7 bass, one sunfish, and about 8 or 9 perch. Our last trip to Dog Ear earned me the biggest bluegill I have ever caught.....and then it was two!!! I don't might the "wait" when it's slow - when what you do catch is good sized. Now with this warmer weather (it's 45 today) and the wind (supposed to be 47 mph tomorrow).....the ice will suffer. I guess it will be good yet for walking on but last year after a warm up there were several 4 wheelers that went through the ice ----- and we don't want to be one of them!!!
Below are some pictures of my big bluegills and the perch.
I never think a picture does anything justice...... but hopefully you get an idea. Good eating!!!
Well --- get outside and enjoy God's great creation.
Gary and Barb
Monday, January 13, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment