Sunday, January 5, 2014

The New Year 2014 has arrived....

I was told once again to "update your blog Barb" ---- that came from Montana.  So I will see what is new our here.  For one thing --- today is F R I G I D ----    -7 degrees right now at 4:30 and we just looked at the predictions and it said  -18 tonight.......that's minus 18 and the wind is at about 22 mph.    So I don't need anything to figure the windchill out ----  just step outside without your bib overalls and you will get a real good idea how cold that is.

We did go to JDC this afternoon to visit with several kids.  Had some good talks.  And visited with some neat girls......one --- a VERY pretty young lady with long black hair and dimples ....wants to be a Caterpillar mechanic.  Gary said  - "but you get grease and dirt under your fingernails"..... "so what - I don't care".  She has the Tech School all picked out.   We hope she attains her goal!!!!  Also visited with a girl who was on Meth for 4 months....she is very glad that she got "caught" and realizes that she needs help and WANTS the help too.  We've known her from times before and we hope and pray that she can stay clean.  We talked about what these drugs do to your health and mind........ she realizes all of that and is glad is where she is at.  Please pray for Taylor...and Terra and Shaunisty and ALL the kids at JDC. 

After getting home and realizing how cold it really was out there --- just getting out of the car and walking to the house was enough......  We realized that maybe it was stupid to be out there - what if we had car trouble.   A person wouldn't last long in this cold. 

We went fishing two days in a row.  Friday and Saturday.  On Friday we ended up skunked!  We didn't realize that they had shut off the entry spot we always used last year.   So we  were on the other end of the lake and it was a L O N G walk to where we would have wanted to be.   So on Saturday we took our 4 wheeler and our shanty and got to our good old spot (or there abouts).   We only caught 7 perch --- but they were the large size.....more than enough for a meal for the two of us!!!  I think the plan is to go again on Tues.  ---- it's supposed to warm up by then -   at least about 20 degrees and sunny hopefully.

Gary has 4 coyotes hanging --- so tomorrow we head to town to try to catch the fur buyer. 

Our Christmas trip to Michigan was good ---- good times with the family.  Our daughter Holly and family had the flu - so we stayed clear of them until it was all past.  Mike and family had it earlier......little Halle said "I don't like to throw up --- it comes out my nose".  Right!!!   I don't like to throw up either....   So far we haven't gotten any bad bugs.     But all in all --- we had a good Christmas Day.   We celebrated with our family at my mom and dads place.  A place of many memories.  My sister Linda and half of her family joined us and our Son-in-law - Tim - his parents from South Carolina came too.  So we had a good sized group. I took my guitar along back and we sang some Christmas Carols and a few others - like - Bill Grogan's Goat - an old favorite.  Our Kids remembered it from camp fires  and our Grandkids caught on real fast.

Release Time will start up again this coming Thursday. It will be fun to see the little ones again - 1st - 4th graders.  I'm sure they had a fun Christmas Vacation. 

Hoping this New Year will be blessed for you.  Look to God and keep your focus on Him - He has it all under control.  That is something I tell myself often!!!
Gary and Barb

No comments: