Here it is March....came in like a lion --- so we are hoping it will go out like a lamb.
We have two computers.....our old one with a tower and one laptop. BOTH of them were giving us grief....until finally they just flat out wouldn't do a thing. So we took them in to trusty Ray at Lighthouse Computers.....YES - a wonderful Christian man. He took one look at them and said "oh my!!!!" I suppose I should take some kind of a computer class........
We have the laptop back --- tower is still being worked on.
For the update........
Release Time today --- went well -- but not super. The kids were good -- they just weren't very attentive it seemed. When we got to the review questions we could tell that they really hadn't been listening because the questions were not that hard. But when we played a game with the memory verses they did MUCH better. Everyone got one of our 4 verses (where it was found) put on their back on a piece of paper. Then they had to find their team members and sit down and write out the verse. With only a little coaching everyone got their verse down and correct! They even seemed amazed with themselves.
This is our 6th - 8th grade bunch....good group of kids. I guess the
space was left for the 2 that were missing today. Start at the pink
shirt and go around clockwise......Faith, Taylor, Bryton, Caitlyn,
Mykenzie, Ricque, Charlee, Sierra and Maurice....Clyde and Lars are
missing.
The girls had to have some fun with the camera.........
The detention center continues to go well. Last night Julie was in charge of the lesson and she focused on the Prodigal Son(s)....and their father. It was a really good night of answers and thoughts as Julie led them with questions.
We now go to the Rosebud Alcohol Treatment Center on Sunday afternoons for a Bible lesson. Most of these kids we have had at the detention center so we know them and that seems to make the rest of them accept us sooner. It is going well.....singing and questions and participation. These kids have more freedom --- room for escape ---- so we hope that all nine of them will graduate. I think their time there is about 30 - 45 days.
Gary has been working on a new bathroom cupboard for Rick and Kitty VanderWey. Today we put on (we hope) the final coat of varnish. Looks pretty sharp. The handles are needed yet and the doors need to be put on. I guess it will be nice to have it out of the workshop so he can once again make a new mess.
The ranchers are either calving or getting ready to. The first few calves came in some nasty cold weather....but if the predictions are right we are in for some warmer weather. Fishing is going to be a done deal....I guess tomorrow morning we might go once more and then the ice will not be safe anymore....(hope it is tomorrow!!!!)
Yesterday Gary and I built a snowman...... The snow was perfect and so was the day...bright and sunny.
Toby wasn't too happy with the whole thing..... First off Gary hid his "ice toy" (some ice that had been frozen in a bucket that Toby enjoyed lugging around)....and then we wanted to use HIS stick for the arms.....no deal!!!
Well, that's it for now. We are healthy and happy.....but do have a prayer request. I have been having a hissing noise in my right ear. The meds I took weren't accepted very well by my system - so had to quit... I now have an appointment in North Platte on Monday. If I push on that ear - it makes me dizzy...... So something is amiss...... Please pray for a solution. THANKS!!
Gary and Barb
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment