Today I decided that I had all the ingredients to Linda Hemmeke's Tomato Soup ......so after one purchase at the grocery store this morning I headed up to the big OLD freezer in the garage to get my frozen stewed tomatoes. YIKES....things were thawing out....or WERE thawed out. The good old freezer that was with my Aunt Melva for many, many years finally was all done.
Have you ever been blessed in a strange way...... I totally feel that making tomato soup today was directed by God. Someone had to get me to look in that freezer!! I might not have gone up there for another week if not for the plan to make soup. We only had to toss some of our sweet corn (that WILL be missed) because it was floating in some nasty water, and a few bags of venison burger (no great loss!!!) Our pork and beef was good - maybe starting to thaw - but I'm not afraid of it. Some of the stewed tomatoes were soft --- but I figure that should be OK too.....and the fish -- YES - still good.
So we now have a brand new freezer. ........ That meant another trip to Valentine - but a very necessary trip. Glad we found it this morning because stores in Valentine have a tendency to close at noon..... they like their time off too.
So we say "THANK YOU LORD"...... you direct us in marvelous ways!!!
Gary and Barb
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment