The new laminated flooring is a done deal. Gary and I started on it Thursday afternoon after Release Time. We finished it on Saturday morning.....all the way from our Bedroom door....thru the kitchen and dining area and the living room and ends up down the hallway. NICE!!! The almost done part........ we still have to put 120 feet of quarter round all the way around it all. Hoping to find pre-finished quarter round at Menards.
Someone was looking for some pictures of Gary and me crawling around as we put in the new floor. Well I would -----but Gary packed up his favorite clothes, gear, some food ....took the camera and left me. Left me for a hunting trip into the Black Hills for the illusive Mountain Lion. He and Don S. ......I told them to keep their EYES open --- Gary's hearing isn't so good anymore so I hope his eyesight IS!. Together they have enough gear to last a year --- but they will be back on Wednesday. So I would ask for some prayers for their safety. Would you believe they are trying to call these animals in!!!??? Men and their toys! :) Oh well, they could be doing much worse stuff!!
So I will try to remember to put some photos of our new floor in after they get back....I DO have some of us crawling around on the floor....
Today, we visited with kids at the JDC.......one of the boys gave us our Bible back. He's been hearing lots of stuff about "his culture" and also what happened with the boarding houses way back when the church and the government tried to "take the culture out of them". We still had a very good talk with him and got lots of smiles out of him. And -yes-we talked about the wrongs that were done to the Native People but we also talked about the fact that Jesus came for all of us and we didn't want him to just push the Gospel away but still consider it. We can only do so much and then we have to leave it with God. Please pray for Hunter!
And on the same note......one of the girls talked about the "Ceremony" (the Lakota ceremony) that they had and the "things" she saw (an eagle, a man that looked like the contours of her dad.......), the things she heard.....and the scarey noises she heard in her cell afterwards. We talked about "bad spirits" and yes she knew that there were good spirits and bad spirits. We talked about being deceived into thinking that these were good spirits when in fact they might be bad.
Sometimes I feel that we get in way over our heads.....do we know what we are talking about?! But we've heard just enough that we feel OK in speaking out on some of this stuff.....and we have to trust that God will guide our thinking and our speaking.
We had our last time at the Rosebud Alcohol Treatment Center today. We gave the beginning of the Easter message to these kids. Easter is still a month away but Easter is what it's all about....why Christ came --- what he did for us, the punishment he suffered being forsaken by the heavenly Father. Gary gave a very good lesson about Jesus being betrayed by Judas, and Peter's denial and Jesus' trial. It was a long lesson --- but the kids were so attentive. We left feeling like we had given the Salvation Message in the best way we could.
Well, I have left over Pizza Hut pizza waiting for me, I have to put the chickens away and feed Toby and put him in for the night. I want to get the dog and the chickens done before dark. So I will say Goodnight.
God Bless.
Gary and Barb
Sunday, March 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These kids trust you or you know they wouldn't be talking at all so trust that God is using you and it will be good. Linda
Post a Comment